Simpsons Pinball Machine for Sale
The Simpsons pinball machine was built in 1990 by popular pinball machine maker Data East.
This game has lots of features 3 ball multiball, 2 sets of drop targets and ramps. Also, it has the actual voices from the Simpsons TV show. If you get the big ramp 2 times in a row you get a big mystery score and It has has an unlimited millions feature on the ramp.
Maintaining a multiball on such a quick table keeps you on your toes and The game is really fast and fairly challenging.
The Simpsons’ first season artwork has been expertly integrated across the playing field. The focus of several various parts of the playing field is on a standout from a particular first-season episode. However, Sideshow Bob is still Krusty’s friend. The Simpsons characters look fantastic in the mirrored backglass, which is a very attractive example of this.
In keeping with the subject of the show, the music is legendary. Elfman’s main theme motif is also used throughout the Jackpot mode soundtrack. It has a fantastic main play tune that transitions to a rock style during multiball. The music matches the fast pace of the gameplay.
The following is from the International Pinball Database:
|Manufacturer:||Data East Pinball, Incorporated (1986-1994)|
|Date Of Manufacture:||September, 1990|
|MPU:||DataEast and Sega Version 3|
|Type:||Solid State Electronic (SS)|
|Production:||5,502 units (confirmed)|
|Serial Number Database:||View at The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database (IPSND.net) (External site)|
|Theme:||Celebrities and Fictional and Licensed Theme|
|Notable Features:||Flippers (2), Pop bumpers (3), Slingshots (2),|
|Design by:||Joe Kaminkow and Ed Cebula|
|Art by:||Kevin O’Connor and Margaret Hudson|
|Mechanics by:||Ed Cebula and John Lund|
|Music by:||Brian Schmidt|
|Sound by:||Brian Schmidt|
|Software by:||Rehman Merchant|
|Notes:||Joe Kaminkow told us that ‘The Simpsons’ was supposed to be their first game to have a dot matrix display (DMD). However, President and CEO Joe Keenan worried that development of the DMD might not be ready in time for this game. And then, problems occurring had they rushed it into production could put the company out of business. Also, Their next production game, Data East’s 1991 ‘Checkpoint’, introduced the DMD to pinball machines.
We previously listed the Manufacture Date as October, 1990.
However, this game was produced from September 1990 to February 1991.
- Ride the Ultimate Behemoth Ramp twice in a row to pull down a mystery bonus
- (ranging from 500,000 points to Double Your Score)
- or spell SIMPSONS and ride the Ramp for a cool million points.
- Top lanes advance Doughnut Multipliers – which can deliver up to 6x bonus and light Extraball.
- Bounce around the animated Cooling Tower Bumpers to build the Nuclear Power Value.
- Simpsons Multiball Play can bring you two or three balls on the playfield at any time – just bowl a strike then lock ’em up.
- In Three-Ball play; knock down the Bowling Pins to light up the Ultimate Behemoth for the Nuclear Jackpot
- Knock Down Principal Skinner, Nelson, Burns, Sherri & Terri and Mrs. Krabappel to light the Bonus Hold, Extraball and Special at the Ball Locks.
- Complete Chocolate, Double Chocolate, and Triple Chocolate to relight the Kwik-E-Mart Laser Kick.
- Ride either Return Lane into any Ball Lock to instantly collect the Hot Reactor Points from one of the Cooling Towers.
Looking for something else?